In 2019, we kept the high growth rate for clients. Throughout the year, the Bank’s client base went down by 357 thousand versus increase of 270 thousand the year before. The decrease in the net number of clients was due to regulatory obligations and verification of the client portfolio in terms of acquisition potential. The acquisition of new clients remained very high – in 2019 we acquired 474 thousand new retail clients (429 thousand in 2018) and 13 thousand corporate clients (12 thousand in 2018).
As at the end of December 2019, the number of clients was 4.50 million and it was broken down into the following business segments:
- 43 million retail clients, including:
- 05 million individual clients (down by 372 thousand clients throughout the year),
- 383 thousand entrepreneurs (up by 8 thousand throughout the year),
- 72 thousand corporate clients, including:
- 69 thousand SME/MC (up by 8 thousand throughout the year),
- 4 groups (down by 0.1 thousand clients throughout the year)
The growth of our client base is better described by the number of primary customers, i.e. those for whom we are the first choice bank and who hold several (specific) products. As at 2019 yearend, we had 1.97 million such clients in total, i.e. 139 thousand more than as at 2018 yearend, including:
- 94 million retail clients (up by 135 thousand clients throughout the year), and
- 32 thousand corporate clients (excluding strategic clients; up by 4 thousand throughout the year).
The constantly growing number of clients is the result of the activities pursued by us to foster long-term relationships with clients. These relationships are based on the trusted brand, transparent and flexible product offer and a continuously developed modern distribution and customer service system.